Jay Ryan is a Patent Agent who received his Bachelor of Science in Physics from Cleveland State University in 1986.
Jay worked as a Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office from 1987 to 1993, where he examined patents in a wide range of optical technologies, from simple eyeglasses and vehicle mirrors, to high-tech holographic systems.
Jay worked for 12 years in the Intellectual Property groups at corporate law firms in Cleveland, Ohio. After that, Jay was self-employed as a freelance patent agent for 14 years before joining Emerson Thomson Bennett in 2019.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1993
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.S., Bachelor of Science in Physics – 1986
- President, Society of Physics Students, CSU (1985-86)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Cleveland Regional Association of Planetariums