Matthew Modderman is an Ohio based US Patent Agent who earned his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Akron College of Engineering in 2018. Matt currently is studying to get his Juris Doctor at The University of Akron School of Law and intends to graduate in 2021 with a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law.
Matt worked as a co-op mechanical engineer for three years at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company prior to starting law school. Matt’s experiences with Goodyear included tire manufacturing process improvement, 3D modeling and printing technologies, machine safety and maintainability enhancement, and project management.
Matt is a registered patent agent, admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D. Candidate – Expected 2021
- Intellectual Property Certificate Candidate – Expected 2021
- IP Fellow, Center for Intellectual Property Law & Technology
- Honors Scholar
- University of Akron College of Engineering
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering with Co-op – 2018
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Akron Intellectual Property and Technology Law Association, Member
- The Federalist Society, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member