Nick Bagnolo is a registered U.S. Patent Attorney based in Akron, Ohio. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, cum laude, from West Virginia University in 2015, and his Juris Doctorate, summa cum laude, from the University of Akron School of Law in 2018, along with a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law.
His practice includes prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents, trademarks, and copyrights, as well as supporting litigation for various intellectual property issues. He has experience drafting license agreements for all different types of intellectual property matters, as well as preparing legal opinions covering such aspects of intellectual property including patent and trademark availability, infringement, and product clearance and freedom to operate.
Nick is a member of the Bar of the State of Ohio and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. During his time in law school, he served on the Akron Law Review, where he was the Managing Editor of the Intellectual Property Edition during the 2017/18 academic year. He also served as the Secretary of the Intellectual Property and Technology Law Association at the University of Akron School of Law. He joined Emerson Thomson Bennett in 2016 as a Law Clerk and became an Associate Attorney in 2018.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Akron School of Law
- JD., summa cum laude – 2018
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- West Virginia University
- BS., Chemical Engineering, cum laude – 2015
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Akron Law Review
- Managing Editor, Intellectual Property Edition – 2017/18
- Associate Editor – 2016/17
- University of Akron, Intellectual Property and Technology Law Association
- Secretary – 2017/18
- Member – 2015-2017
- Ohio State Bar Association – member
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association – member