Peter Detorre is an Ohio based U.S. Intellectual Property Attorney who earned his Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry and obtained a minor in Chemistry from Case Western Reserve University in 2001. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Dayton in 2005.
Peter was an associate at an Intellectual Property boutique law firm. His legal experience includes all aspects of the patent and trademark application process. He has prepared and prosecuted patent and trademark applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office as well as foreign based applications. He also has experience drafting license agreements and preparing intellectual property legal opinions such as patentability opinions, patent invalidity opinions and right to use opinions for trademarks.
Peter is a member of the Bar of the State of Ohio and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association. He has served as Chair of the International Committee of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- Major: Intellectual Property Law and in Technology and the Law
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Biochemistry
- Minor: Chemistry
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Bar of the State of Ohio, Member
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Committee of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association, Chair
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Intellectual Property boutique law firm, Associate