Roger Emerson is an Ohio based US Patent Attorney who earned his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, cum laude, from The University of Akron in 1981; Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from The University of Akron School of Law in 1987; attended Case Western Reserve University from 1982-1983 for an MBA.
Roger worked as a mechanical engineer for ten years (plant construction, machine design, process engineering, and product design) for The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
Roger was an associate in a Cleveland intellectual property boutique; worked as an in-house corporate attorney for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; founded Roger D. Emerson Co., LPA in 1992; began Emerson & Skeriotis; won a Weatherhead 100 in 2000; merged Emerson & Skeriotis with Brouse McDowell in 2002; helped found Emerson Thomson Bennett in 2008.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property
- Ohio, 1987
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence cum laude – 1987
- Law Review: University of Akron Law Review
- University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
- B.S.M.E., Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering cum laude – 1981
- Honors: University Honors Scholarship
- Case Western Reserve University
- M.B.A. – 1983
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Cleveland Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member