Warren is a patent and antitrust attorney based in Blacksburg, Virginia. His deep experience in antitrust law positions him particularly well to counsel clients on all matters related to antitrust and intellectual property, including antitrust compliance programs, standard-setting activities, joint purchasing and licensing activities, merger counseling, Hart-Scott-Rodino review, pricing issues, and litigation issues related to patent misuse or monopolization. He also specializes in patent prosecution and litigation research and counseling.
He has represented a diverse group of clients across many industries, including defense and aerospace, alcohol beverage, construction materials, biotechnology, and consumer retail. He also worked for several years as an engineer in the semiconductor manufacturing and aerospace industries.
Prior to joining Emerson Thomson Bennett, Warren was a partner in the Washington, DC office of a large international law firm. He also served with the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice where he led and participated in the antitrust investigations of dozens of corporate transactions.
Warren received a law degree and a master’s degree in public policy from Georgetown University and his bachelor’s of science in mechanical engineering from the University of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the state bar of Maryland (inactive) and the District of Columbia Bar, and his admission to the state bar of Virginia is pending. He is also licensed to prosecute patents before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and is a member of the American Bar Association.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property
- Antitrust Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Virginia (pending)
- Maryland (inactive)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
- JD – 2004
- Georgetown Public Policy Institute (now McCourt School of Public Policy), Washington, D.C.
- MPP – 2004
- Winner, Herbert Roback Scholarship, National Academy of Public Administration
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- BSE – 1995
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. v. Anheuser Busch-InBev, et al.
- U.S. v. Comcast Corp. et al.
- U.S. v. Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. et al.
- U.S. v. Sapa Holding et al.
- Johnson & Johnson v. Amgen, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corp. v. Boeing Co.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Director, Co-Founder, and Corporate Secretary, Valley Classical School, Blacksburg, VA